HUB CITY TRANSIT
- Regular Fare…………………………$.50
- Children (Ages 5- High School) $.25
- Senior Citizens………………………(62 yrs and up) $.25
- Disabled with ID……………………..$.25
- HCT ID and Medicare………………$.25
- Southern Miss ID…………………… FREE
- City of Hattiesburg Employees… FREE
Buses run between 6 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. HCT will give advance notice of the days the system will be shut down.
For the full schedule, click here.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), all operators on fixed route services announce stops as follows:
- Major stops/time points along the route
- Transfer locations and routes which serve them
- Major intersections
- Stops upon request
- This service provides any passenger with information and orientation along the route and throughout the service area.
FORMS & DOWNLOADS
- HCT Paratransit Passenger Guide
- HCT Application for Para Transit Service
- HCT Application for Senior Citizens
- HCT Application for Reduced Fare
- HCT Appeals Policy and Board Members
- Title VI Complaint Form (English)
- Title VI Complaint Form (Español) – Formulario de quejas segun el Titulo VI
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Complaint Form (English)
- ADA Complaint Form (Español) – Formulario de quejas de la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades
There are no current public notices for Hub City Transit at this time.
Hub City Transit provides alternative and affordable means of public transportation for the citizens of Hattiesburg. Funded partially by the Federal Transit Administration with yearly allocations, the City of Hattiesburg strives to provide a high-quality transit experience for all.
HUB CITY TRANSIT MASTER PLAN
The Hub City Transit Master Plan will serve as a roadmap for improving public transit in the Hattiesburg Urbanized area over the next five to 10 years. This includes Hattiesburg, Petal and surrounding portions of Forrest and Lamar counties.
The plan will take a comprehensive look at local needs and recommend both short- and long-range strategies to increase ridership and improve the rider experience. To learn more, check out plan details and a list of frequently asked questions – visit, hubcitytransit.com/masterplan.
LET’S TALK TRANSIT – PHASE TWO
In April, Hub City Transit sought feedback from the community regarding public transportation needs in and around the Hattiesburg area during the first phase of its transit system master plan, a joint effort between the City of Hattiesburg and the Hattiesburg-Petal-Forrest-Lamar Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Building on those results, HCT is now seeking input from residents, visitors and students for feedback on three different concepts for the future of transit in the Hattiesburg area. This is a part of the second phase for building the Hub City Transit Master Plan, and it will play a vital role in shaping recommendations for future service improvements.
To provide your feedback for Phase Two, click the button below. Check back often to learn about future input opportunities.
FIXED ROUTE SERVICE
Our Fixed Route Service is available to the public for a minimal fare and can be accessed at any HCT bus stop. Fixed Route passengers may also request reasonable accommodations within the safety guidelines of our services. Requests may be made through the contact form at the bottom of the page, or by calling our office. Hub City Transit’s Fixed Route Maps and Schedules are listed below.
In July of 2018, Hub City Transit experienced a few upgrades in an effort to better serve you. They include:
- All routes are named by color.
- Added two new routes (Gold & Green), increasing the total to 7.
- Added several transfer stations (where multiple routes come together), increasing the total to 15, to make it easier for you to travel across the city at more points of connectivity.
- All original routes were modified to expand the service area (see below for map gallery)
Hub City Transit provides para-transit services Monday through Friday, from 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., for qualified individuals with mobility impairments who are unable to use the system’s Fixed Route Service. This service is a demand-responsive, advance reservation, address-to-address and door to door service. Eligible passengers are not required to live within Hattiesburg City limits of the service area. Wheelchair accessible vehicles are available to assist in transporting persons with disabilities.
An ADA Para-Transit Eligibility Application will be used to determine your eligibility for HCT Para-Transit Service. This information is confidential and will not be shared except with persons involved with HCT Transits eligibility determination process. The application processing time is approximately two weeks, and individuals will receive a written notification letter by mail. Re-certification for para-transit services is required every three years.
Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
Hub City Transit operates its programs and service without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Hub City Transit.
For more information on the City of Hattiesburg civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact MPO Division at 200 Forrest Street or by mail to P.O. Box 1898, Hattiesburg, MS 39403. Copies of HCT’s Title VI program including procedures for filing a complaint are available at MPO Division, 200 Forrest Street, Hattiesburg MS 39401, or copies in an alternative format by calling 601-545-6259.
A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave, SE, Washington, DC 20590.
If information is needed in another language, contact 601-545-6259. Si se necesita informacion en otro idioma, el contacto 601-545-6259.
INTERACTIVE ROUTE MAP