Opening Night at the Symphony provides our listeners with two all-time classics from the pen of Ludwig von Beethoven. The Piano Concerto No. 5 (Emperor) is Beethoven’s most performed piano concerto. Pianist Anton Nel joins the Symphony Orchestra for this masterpiece. The Symphony No. 5 in C minor is Beethoven’s most well-known and most performed work. The “fate knocking at the door” motive that begins the first movement is the most recognized motive in all classical music. The Symphony Orchestra will dazzle the audience with its expressive interpretation of this seminal work.
Symphony Opening Night! Five by Five
There is never a shortage of things to do or see in the Hub City. If you are looking for something to do, we encourage you to sift through the many events listed here.
If you would like to add your own event, you can do that by clicking here. This form is for promoting an event via the calendar, only. It is not for reserving community centers or spaces. Please see the following guidelines for posting requirements:
- Listed events must have a point of contact or link for more information (website, ticketing vendor or Facebook event).
- All events will be submitted for review before being published, with approval in 24-48 hours. If an event is not approved, the point of contact listed on the event will be contacted.
- A photo for uploading is helpful, but not required.
- All events should take place in the City of Hattiesburg.
- The City of Hattiesburg reserves the right to approve or deny any event listing and to edit the content submitted for final publication.
- The posting of an event does not provide for the event being endorsed through the status of being “city-sanctioned” (approval needed by the City Council) or “city-sponsored.” However, both city-sanction and city-sponsored events will also be listed here.
NOTE: Submitting an event for publication on the calendar is not the same as filing for a permit to host an event that requires the use of city property, streets or needs traffic support. For permits, you’ll need to submit a permit application to the Hattiesburg Police Department. The application can be downloaded here: Event & Parade Permits.