Andrew Miller, a native of Fairfield, IL, was appointed Principal Tuba of the Alabama Symphony Orchestra in 2004. Prior teaching engagements include The Boston Conservatory, Western Michigan University and Columbus (GA) State University. From 1995-2000, Andrew toured the U.S. extensively (and twice to Japan) with the Boston-based Paramount Brass Quintet. He has also performed with the Chicago, St. Louis, Atlanta and Kansas City Symphony Orchestras. During the 2015/16 season, he performed John Williams’ Tuba Concerto with the ASO on their final masterworks concerts. His principal teachers include Floyd Cooley (San Francisco Symphony, retired), Gary Ofenloch (Utah Symphony and Boston Pops Esplanade), Gene Pokorny (Chicago Symphony), and brass pedagogue par excellence, Roger Rocco.
Guest Artist Series presents Andrew Miller, Tuba
There is never a shortage of things to do or see in the Hub City. If you are looking for something to do, we encourage you to sift through the many events listed here.
If you would like to add your own event, you can do that by clicking here. This form is for promoting an event via the calendar, only. It is not for reserving community centers or spaces. Please see the following guidelines for posting requirements:
- Listed events must have a point of contact or link for more information (website, ticketing vendor or Facebook event).
- All events will be submitted for review before being published, with approval in 24-48 hours. If an event is not approved, the point of contact listed on the event will be contacted.
- A photo for uploading is helpful, but not required.
- All events should take place in the City of Hattiesburg.
- The City of Hattiesburg reserves the right to approve or deny any event listing and to edit the content submitted for final publication.
- The posting of an event does not provide for the event being endorsed through the status of being “city-sanctioned” (approval needed by the City Council) or “city-sponsored.” However, both city-sanction and city-sponsored events will also be listed here.
NOTE: Submitting an event for publication on the calendar is not the same as filing for a permit to host an event that requires the use of city property, streets or needs traffic support. For permits, you’ll need to submit a permit application to the Hattiesburg Police Department. The application can be downloaded here: Event & Parade Permits.