This event will consist of a uniformed veteran who will read specially-selected books about African American women to pre-k through 3rd graders.
PLEASE NOTE: MANY EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19 THROUGH THE END OF APRIL.
There is never a shortage of things to do or see in the Hub City. If you are looking for something to do, we encourage you to sift through the many events listed here.
If you would like to add your own event, you can do that by clicking here. Please see the following guidelines for posting requirements:
- Listed events must have a point of contact or link for more information (website, ticketing vendor or Facebook event).
- All events will be submitted for review before being published, with approval in 24-48 hours. If an event is not approved, the point of contact listed on the event will be contacted.
- A photo for uploading is helpful, but not required.
- All events should take place in the City of Hattiesburg.
- The City of Hattiesburg reserves the right to approve or deny any event listing and to edit the content submitted for final publication.
- The posting of an event does not provide for the event being endorsed through the status of being “city-sanctioned” (approval needed by the City Council) or “city-sponsored.” However, both city-sanction and city-sponsored events will also be listed here.
NOTE: Submitting an event for publication on the calendar is not the same as filing for a permit to host an event that requires the use of city property, streets or needs traffic support. For permits, you’ll need to submit a permit application to the Hattiesburg Police Department. The application can be downloaded here: Event & Parade Permits.