Church Services – Broadcasted
For all media inquiries, please contact 601-447-5950 (text for best response) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS & RESOURCES
NEED HELP OR INFO?
If you have questions or need additional information about coronavirus and Mississippi, the information below will provide you with a hotline dedicated to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Hotline: 877-978-6453
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
CORONAVIRUS HOME // BROADCASTED CHURCH SERVICES
38th Avenue Baptist Church – Live on Facebook
Abundant Life Family Church – Live on Facebook
Antioch Missionary Baptist Church – Live on Facebook
Central Christian Church – Live on Facebook
The Church at 4 Points – Live on Facebook
Court Street United Methodist Church – Live on YouTube
Destiny Church – Live on Website | Live on Facebook | Live on YouTube
Ekklesia Hattiesburg – Live on Facebook
First Presbyterian Church – Live on Website
Hardy Street Baptist Church – Live on Website
Heritage United Methodist Church – Live on Website
Hope Church – Live on Facebook
Immanuel Baptist Church – Live on Facebook
Iglesia Vida – Live on Facebook
Joshua Generation Church – Live on Facebook
Kensington Woods Church of Christ – Live on Facebook
Lincoln Road Baptist Church – Live on Facebook
Logos Baptist Church – Live on Facebook
Main Street United Methodist Church – Live on Facebook
Mt. Olive Baptist Church – Live on Facebook
Parkway Heights United Methodist Church – Live on Facebook
Plymouth Rock Missionary Baptist Church – Live on Facebook
Sacred Heart Church & Holy Rosary Church – Live on Facebook
Shady Grove Baptist Church – Live on Website
St. James CME Church – Live on Facebook
St. Fabian Church – Live on YouTube
St. Thomas Church – Live on Website
Saint John Lutheran Church – Live on Facebook | Live on YouTube
Tabernacle of Prayer – Live on Facebook
Temple Baptist Church – Live on Website
Temple B’Nai Israel – Live on Facebook
True Light Missionary Baptist Church – Live on Website
University Baptist Church – Live on Website | Live on Facebook
Venture Church – Live on Website
Victory Church – Live on Website| Listen on the Radio – WQID 105.3 at 7 a.m. & 12:45 p.m.
Westminster Presbyterian Church – Live on Facebook
The Word Church – Live on Facebook
Word of Faith Christian Center – Live on YouTube
West Point Baptist Church – Live on Facebook | Live on YouTube | Also via West Point Baptist Church App
Zion Chapel AME Church – Live on Facebook
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
The following are basic hygiene practices that can help prevent the spread of viruses like the coronavirus and the flu.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds multiple times a day. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when feeling sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
I HAVE SYMPTOMS. WHAT DO I DO?
The symptoms that are currently being seen with COVID-19 are fever and respiratory symptoms such as cough and shortness of breath.
- Stay home from work or school until you are free of fever, signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours and without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medications.
- Seek medical attention if you have reason to believe you have been exposed to coronavirus or influenza. Call your healthcare provider before visiting a healthcare facility.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You probably have questions like the following (and more). Click the button at the bottom of this box to read through our FAQ (which is updated as needed).
- What are Coronaviruses?
- How is coronavirus (COVID-19) transmitted, and when will someone get sick if they’re exposed?
- Should I wear a facemask to prevent COVID-19?
- How can I protect myself from COVID-19?
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
SOURCE: World Health Organization
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and death.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
[SOURCE: World Health Organization]
HOW DOES CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SPREAD?
Coronavirus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Can someone spread the virus without being sick?
- People are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic (the sickest).
- Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms; there have been reports of this occurring with this new coronavirus, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
Spread from contact with contaminated surfaces or objects
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
[SOURCE: Center for Disease Conrol]