Rate of Pay: $12.50/hr
Nature of Work: This is responsible technical operation work in the dispatching of emergency public safety mobile units.
Examples of Work:
- Receives and screens calls for emergency services.
- Dispatches police, fire or emergency medical units as needed to required locations.
- Answers 911 emergency phone lines; consults city cross-reference directory to determine street locations; logs calls.
- Monitors the location of field units.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to accurately read and type 35+ words per minute on administered typing test.
Desirable Qualifications: High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent and two (2) years experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to type 35+ words per minute accurately. Data Entry background helpful.
Selected candidate will work 12 hour shifts rotating monthly from Days to Nights.
Posting Date: October 30, 2017
Position will be posted at a minimum until November 6th, 4:40 pm