Department: Public Services
Rate of Pay: $12.00/hr
Nature of Work:
This is skilled to semi-skilled work in the maintenance and repair of a variety of city vehicles and equipment. Employees in this class are responsible for assisting in the maintenance and repair of such equipment as automotive cars and trucks, heavy duty class trucks, tractors, mass transit buses, dozers, mowers, pumps, and utility maintenance and construction equipment. Work is designated by supervisors and is generally inspected by the same in the form of tests and usage.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Performs oil and lube jobs on an assortment of equipment. Under supervision, will perform overhaul and repairs on gasoline engines.
- Assist in the repair, replacement, and installation of certain parts such as transmissions, brakes, clutches, wheels, etc.
- Does diversified electrical work on automotive equipment such as batteries, terminals, lighting, generators and starters.
- Makes road tests to insure and inspect defects which have been repaired or to be repaired.
- Performs minor repairs on pumping systems.
- Any one position may not include off of the duties listed, nor is it meant not to include other duties.
- Performs related work as requested or required.
Desirable Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or G.E.D equivalent with one year working experience as an automotive mechanic; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skills, knowledge and ability to perform the required tasks.
Application must possess a Commercial Driver’s License of at least a Class “B” or agree to and must obtain a commercial driver’s license with six (6) months of hire.
Posting Date: September 26, 2017
Position will be posted at a minimum until October 2nd at 4:30 pm