Rate of Pay: $13.00/hr
Nature of work: To perform engineering, drafting, surveying or inspection task and the mathematical computations associated with the engineering office.
Examples of Work:
- Examine sites and perform survey work, as required
- Assist with analyzing projects and determining potential problems
- Assist with design layouts
- Perform routine layout work for preliminary and final construction plans
- Prepare preliminary and final drawings
- Ensure designs are in compliance with all Federal, State and City laws and
- Operate AutoCAD and GIS programs
- Research previous annexation, design, and construction plans
- Perform computer drafting responsibilities
- Maintain records of city paving projects
- Survey for annexation, road work, water and sewer lines Research land deeds and inspect for markers
- Provide information relative to existing engineering data maintained by the city to the general public upon request
- Notify and assist property owners and interested parties with special assessments and questions regarding city policies and procedures
Desirable Qualifications: College Graduate, 2 years experience in engineering, construction or other related experience. Requires a valid Mississippi Driver’s License.
Posting Date: July 21, 2017
Position will be posted at a MINIMUM until July 28, 2017.