Home → Employment
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Hattiesburg. There are several ways to apply for an open, posted position:
• Apply in person at the Human Resources Department, 3rd floor City Hall, 200 Forrest Street, downtown Hattiesburg, directly across from the Saenger Theater. All available jobs are posted for review; or
• Go to the Download section on the left side of the City's Web site, click on it and drop down to the Administration section, click on Employment Application, and print application. Complete employment application and submit to the Human Resources Department, 3rd floor City Hall, 200 Forrest Street, Downtown Hattiesburg, directly across from the Saenger Theater. Or, if desired, you may mail completed application to, Human Resources, P. O. Box 1898, Hattiesburg MS, 39403-1898.
If you have any questions about the application process, you may contact the Human Resources Department at 601.545.4571.
Note: The application for the Police and Fire Academy is not available online. You must apply in person at the Human Resources Department.
Department of Public Works (Equipment Operator)Position: Equipment Operator
Division: Public Works
Rate of Pay: $10.00/hr
Nature of Work:
Examples of Work:
Posting Date: November 26, 2014
Department of Engineering(Accountant)
NATURE OF WORK:
To provide fiscal back-up for the division in the administration of a wide variety of projects, Federal and State grants, and other contracts; work is under general supervision, but employee must be able to work independently on daily duties with initiative, independent judgment and discretion in various administrative duties; incumbent may deal on a continuing basis with delicate or confidential matters; involves considerable contact with the public and the staff to all other City departments; the position is full-time and involves regular work hours year-round; the incumbent is accountable to the Engineering Director for fiscal and administrative issues related to consulting and construction projects for the City.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• This position requires a degree in Accounting or related field.
POSTING DATE: November 14, 2014
E3 Health Initiative Community Liaison
To provide and ensure the continued connection between Spanish speaking community members and administrative staff and agencies involved in the E3 (Educate, Enroll, and Empower) Health Initiative, an 18 month grant funded project. The job of the community liaison is to assist in improving communication and community participation in health access by providing information on services available to eligible students and families; offering enrollment opportunities for Medicaid/CHIP at various events and locations; and empowering families through enrollment and retention opportunities.
Title Community Liaison
In addition to collaborating on overall program goals and objectives, the community liaison will be asked to work specifically with the Spanish speaking community in Hattiesburg. This person will spearhead efforts to reach this population through education, empowerment, and enrollment.
Summary of essential job functions
• Provide education to adults and children in the target area on health access opportunities related to Medicaid and CHIP qualification requirements and the enrollment and recertification process
Education: Preferred college graduate or college student in their Junior or Senior year. Will consider other educational backgrounds depending on work experience.
FirefighterHattiesburg Fire Dept.
Hattiesburg Fire Department
The Hattiesburg Fire Department is seeking qualified persons to become Firefighters.
Interested applicants must:
• Be 18 Years of age or older
Academy Recruit: $22,000.00
Applications are being accepted from November 03, 2014 – January 05, 2015 at 5:00pm
This is to establish an eligibility list only.
Contact: City of Hattiesburg Human Resources Division at City Hall, 200 Forrest Street, Hattiesburg, MS.
The City of Hattiesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting Date: 10/31/2014
Position: Bus Driver
Department: Federal & State Programs
Division: Mass Transit
Rate of Pay: $10.50/hr
Nature of Work:
This is responsible skilled work in the operation of a municipal bus. Work is performed under the general direction of the Director of Mass Transit and subject to immediate supervision and inspection by the Director. No supervisory work is involved.
Examples of Work:
• Drives a municipal bus on a route with a fixed schedule for the purpose of safely transporting passengers.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent plus one (1) year of related experience or any combination of education, training, and/or experience which reflect job qualifications.
Posting Date: October 29, 2014
|Page 1 of 3|