Urban Development - MPO
Job Title: Transportation Planner
Department: Urban Development/MPO Division
Rate of Pay: $36,000/year + (DOE) Non-exempt
- Develops and updates transportation planning projects and studies.
- Supports the planning and design of projects to enhance the City’s multimodal network.
- Conducts or assists in the review/analysis of traffic issues, including traffic calming.
- Assists in marketing plan implementation and oversight for transit system changes
- Compiles information to create procurement files for the Transit Division.
- Ensures procurement documents, contracts, and supporting information comply with applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
- Plans, prepares and manages the procurement program in compliance with Federal Transit Administration, state, and city regulations.
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures to ensure a compliant program.
- Maintains a comprehensive list of FTA-assisted contracts, monitors contract deadlines, and coordinates with other divisions for renewals or rebids.
- Evaluates comparative information regarding prices, specifications, and delivery dates of supplies.
- Consults with other transit agencies in the procurement of services, researching scope, specifications, contract development and administration.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Prepares written solicitation documents including RFPs, ITBs, RFIs, and RFQs, quotes and contracts for approval by the City’s General Counsel and by the Director of the Urban Development Department
- Schedules, coordinates, and facilitates meetings related to procurement. Creates formats for group discussion and evaluation. Prepares meeting materials and distributes.
- Ensures the bid process is conducted in accordance with specifications.
- Maintain accurate contract clauses and templates for inclusion in solicitations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation or regional planning, Geography, Public Administration, or closely related field
- Master’s degree with coursework in transportation planning, urban planning, public administration, geography, environmental science, or a related field
- Two (2) years of professional experience in transportation planning or a related field in a recognized planning agency
- Two (2) years of experience with procurement and/or record keeping related to compliance with regulations of outside agencies.
- Possession of or the ability to attain a valid Mississippi Driver’s License is required
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, City ordinances, and other regulations and requirements relating to municipal planning, zoning and related issues.
- Knowledge of municipal government, boards, councils, commissions and similar bodies and their functions related to municipal planning, zoning and other codes.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, systems, equipment and software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Skill in the development, management and manipulation of databases.
- Ability to use a computer to access, interpret, and record information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other employees, volunteers, representatives of other organizations and the public.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Mississippi driver’s license.
Posting Date: January 4, 2022
Position will be posted at a minimum until January 11, 2022 at 4:30 pm.
To apply for this job please visit 126.96.36.199.