Rate of Pay: $8.75/hr
Nature of Work:
Incumbent in this position will insure the safe passage of all children arriving or leaving from the school at the guards assigned location.
Examples of Work:
- placing in the street and removing from the street the “School Zone Warning” signs during the scheduled crossing time
- wearing city issued reflected vest
- arriving on time and staying until all children have left the school area
- report to Police any suspicious person, careless drivers or unattended children
- use of portable hand-held stop sign
- performs related work as required
High school diploma or G.E.D., ability to learn and understand the school crossing guard operation manual. Ability to attend and pass training involved in this position. Ability to work as needed, with no guarantee of work hours.
Posting Date: February 1, 2018
This position will be posted at a minimum until February 8, 2018, 4:30 pm