A Pre-Application meeting is required for all new development, redevelopment or expansions for commercial or multi-family residential zoned properties within the City of Hattiesburg.
A Pre-Application meeting with the Planning staff is required prior to submitting a Site Plan Application. At the meeting, the applicant will describe and present their project in the conceptual design stage.
The goals of this meeting are to:
- Emphasize the applicable development regulations for:
- Site Plan Review
- Clearing and Grading
- Building in a Historic District
- Building in a Flood Zone
- Subdivision of Land
- Use Permit on Review
- Zoning Change
- Planned Unit Development
- Planned Residential Development
- Address and discuss potential problems and solutions to technical and design review issues.
- Discuss the roles of the Site Plan Review Committee, the Planning Commission and the City Council.
- Apply the city’s Comprehensive Plan 2008-2028.
To schedule a pre-application meeting, please call 601-545-4599.