Applications for the next City of Hattiesburg Police Academy will be accepted October 23, 2017 through January 16, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
Upon application completion, you are scheduled to take the Civil Service Exam on:
Saturday, January 20, 2018.
Hattiesburg Police & Fire Training Academy
53 Academy Drive, Hattiesburg MS
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a high school diploma (a college degree is preferred)
- Have no felony arrests or other serious criminal background
- Reside within ten (10) miles of Hattiesburg city limits or relocate within six (6) months of employment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be a registered voter in his/her current county/city of residence
- Be of good moral character
The starting salary for a Hattiesburg Police Officer is between $35,000/yr and $38,000/yr depending on your education. As a Recruit in the Academy you will receive a salary of $25,000/yr. Your salary will be adjusted upon graduation from the academy.