- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a high school diploma (a college degree is preferred)
- Have no felony arrests or other serious criminal background
- Reside within ten (10) miles of Hattiesburg city limits or relocate within six (6) months of employment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be a registered voter in his/her current county/city of residence
- Be of good moral character
The starting salary for a Hattiesburg Police Officer is between $35,000/yr and $38,000/yr depending on your education.