DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: WATER & SEWER / LAGOONS
BEGINNING PAY: $11.00/HOUR
NATURE OF WORK: To provide maintenance and repair of equipment for the City of Hattiesburg’s Sewer, Sewer Lagoons and Water Plants.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Assist in the design, control, and maintenance of sewer rebuild lift stations.
- Assist in all electrical repairs and constructions for the department.
- Assist in the rebuilding of motor control centers and replacing starters.
- Assist in checking main stations bi-weekly for any repairs that may be necessary.
- Assist in maintaining and repairing electrical feeding to aerator in the lagoons.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of grounds as needed.
- Assist in repairing of sewer pumps, valves and electrical panels.
- Assist in maintenance of chlorinator and de-chlorinator at the south lagoon.
- Perform other duties as directed.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; applicant should have a basic knowledge of electricity and reading of schematics. Incumbent is accountable for safety and legal issues related to the work for which position is responsible for. Exposure to chemicals and/or hazardous materials including, but not limited to Chlorine, Sulphur Dioxide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Ammonia and Methane on a weekly basis. Knowledgeable of equipment, OSHA standards and regulations concerning employee safety. Position involves lifting and climbing and working outside in all weather conditions. Qualified applicants must have and maintain a valid Mississippi Driver’s license.
Posting Date: November 6, 2017
Position will be posted until at least: November 13, 2017, 4:30 pm