Department: Parks & Recreatioin
Division: Urban Forestry
Rate of Pay: $ 12.00 hr
Nature of work:
This is a skilled position on the tree crew. Canidate should be skilled in equipment operation including bucket truck, chainsaws and other urban forestry equipment. Most work will consist of tree removal, trimming, planting and at times hazard abatement. Daily task included equipment and chainsaw operation & maintainence, tree work, trimming/pruning and tree planting.
Examples of work:
• tree removal, trimming and planting.
• operate equipment – bucket truck, chipper, stump grinder, knuckle-boom, bobcat, etc.
• maintain safe work environment for crew and public.
• storm damage and debris clean up.
• possible weekend or night call outs for tree emergencies.
• performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or g.E.D.
Class b cdl
Tree work experience of two (2) years or more, preferred.
Equipment operation experience including bucket truck, chainsaw, loaders, dump trucks, etc.
Knowledge of saws, ropes, trimming, tree removal and/or rigging.
POSTING DATE: December 12, 2017
POSITION WILL BE POSTED AT A MINIMUM UNTIL DECEMBER 19TH, 4:30 PM