DEPARTMENT:WATER AND SEWER
RATE OF PAY:$11.50/HR
NATURE OF WORK:
This is a skilled Supervisory Position overseeing the maintenance and repair of the water transmission system for the City of Hattiesburg. The Crew Foreman will be supervised on a daily basis by the Division Manager and will be required to supervise up to six (6) employees while completing assigned work orders with minor supervision. Crew Foreman will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays if required for the proper operation and maintenance of the water transmission system. Crew Foreman is accountability for employee safety and equipment, trucks and tools assigned to his crew.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Communicate effectively with public to address their concerns
- Assist crew workers in the repair of sewer lines and manholes
- Train new crew workers in the repair of sewer lines and manholes
- Assist in the location of sewer lines as required
- Operate heavy equipment and trucks incidental to regular duties
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires a valid Mississippi driver’s license be maintained while employed. High School diploma or G.E.D. with at least two (2) years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of water transmission system. Ability to operate backhoe/excavator is highly desirable. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays. Both written and verbal communication are essential.
Posting Date: October 31, 2017
Position will be posted at a minimum until October 31st, 4:30 pm