Department: Police Department
Division: Animal Control
Rate of Pay: $10.50/hr
Nature of Work: Drives light duty truck, answers calls and complaints, appears in court to testify, prepares reports, confines animals, contacts owners of animals captured and confined. Performs other duties as assigned. Answers after hours/weekend and holiday calls on a rotating basis. Ability to lift 50lbs or more. Ability to pass a fitness exam if necessary.
Examples of Work:
- Knowledge of geography of the City.
- Skill in driving light trucks (requires a valid driver’s license).
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Must have computer skills.
- Knowledge of skills in capture of animals.
- Ability to analyze situations requiring action.
- Ability to handle situations requiring physical stamina.
- Maintains accurate case files.
- Issues “Notice of Violation” and “Municipal Offense Tickets” as necessary.
- Testifies in court.
Desirable Qualifications: High School diploma or G.E.D.; ability to demonstrate proficiency to perform above duties. Requires a valid Mississippi Driver’s License. The License must be maintained at all times.
Posting Date: 11/01/2017
Position will be posted at a minimum until 11/08/2017, 4:30 pm