Hattiesburg, Mississippi – On Saturday, April 6, the City of Hattiesburg’s traffic crews and Hattiesburg Police Department will assist the Hattiesburg Half Marathon, 10K and 5K through road closures and traffic support. More than 900 runners are expected to run in the race hosted by the Pinebelt Foundation.
From approximately 6 a.m. until Noon, closures will exist in Downtown Hattiesburg, The Oaks, Parkhaven, Longleaf Heights and around The University of Southern Mississippi’s campus.
Traffic will continue to flow on major corridors, except for:
- Hardy Street (from McLeod Street to West Pine Street/West Front Street)
- West Pine Street (from 6th Avenue to Hardy Street) – will open at 9 a.m.
- Front Street (from Hardy Street to Mobile Street)
- Main Street (from Jackson Street to Walnut Street)
Detour routes are established with signage where necessary. We ask that all motorists drive cautiously where there are runners and volunteers. If motorists need to access a specific place in or around the course, they should allow for extra time or take an alternate route.
Long stretches of the race will take place on:
- Adeline Street
- Mamie Street
- Concart Street
- Camp Street
- 21st Avenue
- 22nd Avenue
- The Longleaf Trace
All closures associated with the race will be open by Noon. A handful of the downtown closures will transition into closures for the Spring Art Walk, which is hosted following the race by the Downtown Association. From 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., the following roads will be closed for vendors in the street:
- Main Street, from West Pine Street to Buschman Street
- Front Street, between Forrest Street and Mobile Street
- West Pine Street, from Main Street to Mobile Street
- Walnut Street between Buschman Street and Main Street
All closures will be open by 5 p.m.