The City of Hattiesburg’s Action Center is the information exchange center between city departments and local residents. When a citizen calls with a concern, an Action Center operator will log the request into a new citywide software system (EnerGOV) and the appropriate department will be notified to address the problem. The caller will receive a tracking number to call back and check on the status of their request. Examples of a service request may include: potholes, stray animals, abandoned vehicles, trash and litter, overgrown lots or dilapidated structures, etc.

When calling the Action Center, please provide the following:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Address/Location of Issue
  • Brief Description of Issue

*Please call for “non-emergency” requests ONLY. For emergenices, please dial 911.

The Action Center is here to:

  • Route service requests to appropriate city government departments
  • Provide a forum for citizens to make suggestions about city services and departments
  • Provide a way to track the progress of service requests
  • Answer questions citizens have concerning city organizations and services
  • Assist citizens in obtaining city services in a fair and efficient manner

The Action Center DOES NOT:

  • Handle requests for service for agencies other than the City of Hattiesburg (i.e. Forrest County, Lamar County, the State of Mississippi, or the Federal Government)
  • Physically resolve service requests

There are several ways to contact the Action Center to report a problem:

  • Submit a request using the Action Center Web Form
  • Please provide your name and number in the form box
  • Call us at 601.545.4500

Security Code:
security code
Please enter the security code:



Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM After hours, all calls are transferred to the Public Works Dispatch Office.

home button new