The City of Hattiesburg’s Action Center is the information exchange center between city departments and local residents. When a citizen calls with a concern, an Action Center operator will log the request into a new citywide software system (EnerGOV) and the appropriate department will be notified to address the problem. The caller will receive a tracking number to call back and check on the status of their request. Examples of a service request may include: potholes, stray animals, abandoned vehicles, trash and litter, overgrown lots or dilapidated structures, etc.
When calling the Action Center, please provide the following:
- Phone Number
- Address/Location of Issue
- Brief Description of Issue
*Please call for “non-emergency” requests ONLY. For emergenices, please dial 911.
The Action Center is here to:
- Route service requests to appropriate city government departments
- Provide a forum for citizens to make suggestions about city services and departments
- Provide a way to track the progress of service requests
- Answer questions citizens have concerning city organizations and services
- Assist citizens in obtaining city services in a fair and efficient manner
The Action Center DOES NOT:
- Handle requests for service for agencies other than the City of Hattiesburg (i.e. Forrest County, Lamar County, the State of Mississippi, or the Federal Government)
- Physically resolve service requests
There are several ways to contact the Action Center to report a problem:
- Submit a request using the Action Center Web Form
- Email us at email@example.com
- Please provide your name and number in the form box
- Call us at 601.545.4500
ACTION CENTER HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM After hours, all calls are transferred to the Public Works Dispatch Office.